Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vonkonormalni
Contributor II
Contributor II

set analysis not working for other selections

Hi,

Long time listener, first time caller.

I have a set analysis function that sums the KPIValue for a specific period (3 months back).

The function:

sum({1<CALENDAR.calendarDate={">=$(=addmonths(monthend(max(CALENDAR.calendarDate))+1,-3)) <=$(=max(CALENDAR.calendarDate))"}>}IF(kpiName =SelectedKPI,kpiValue))

Because of "1", the function doesn't take into account other selections that I can do on the dashboard.

If I change "1" to "$", I will only get the sum of the current month selection.

If I remove "1", I get the same (sum of current month selection).

Mind you, I have only enabled Month, and Year selections from the time dimension.

How can I change the function above to be able to take into consideration other selections from existing List Boxes that I have?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, you need to remove the 1 set identifer in my previous post:

sum({<CALENDAR.calendarDate={">=$(=addmonths(monthend(max(CALENDAR.calendarDate))+1,-3)) <=$(=max(CALENDAR.calendarDate))"}, Year=, Month= >}

IF(kpiName =SelectedKPI,kpiValue))

View solution in original post

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You probably need to clear selections in all calendar fields the user may select in, e.g. Year and Month:

sum({1<CALENDAR.calendarDate={">=$(=addmonths(monthend(max(CALENDAR.calendarDate))+1,-3)) <=$(=max(CALENDAR.calendarDate))"}, Year=, Month= >}

vonkonormalni
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, I have year and month available for selection.

But adding that info in the formula (as you suggested), doesn't change a thing. I think that there is similar case on this forum, but it doesn't work for me.

The calculation returns the value for the sum of the 3 months, irrelevant of the other list box selections.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Please share a sample app. There could be many other things in your app.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, you need to remove the 1 set identifer in my previous post:

sum({<CALENDAR.calendarDate={">=$(=addmonths(monthend(max(CALENDAR.calendarDate))+1,-3)) <=$(=max(CALENDAR.calendarDate))"}, Year=, Month= >}

vonkonormalni
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you!