Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arixooo123
Creator III
Creator III

setting a constant size for dimensions in mekko charts

Hello Dears,

I like to see to status of customers in 33 countries, mekko charts do that nicely, the problem is that size bars are proportional to the number of customers in each country, that makes a country like china or India to get most of the screen and little part to others. that makes it hard to view and understand.

is it possible to change the setting of a mekko chart in a way that assign a constant space to each value (in this case country).

Thanks Guys

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please find attached file for solution.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you want the same width for all the bars then use Bar chart instead of Mekko chart.

Regards,

Jagan.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Bar Chart?

arixooo123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Then how to see the status of customers in bar chart?  You see in my data set, each customer can have a status of Active, Passive, Good, Bad   i like to see the percentage of each segment in each country. mekko does that, but it has the mentioned problem. i don't know if i can show that in a bar chart. if yes, would you please explain to me how?

thanks buddy

arixooo123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Then how to see the status of customers in bar chart?  You see in my data set, each customer can have a status of Active, Passive, Good, Bad   i like to see the percentage of each segment in each country. mekko does that, but it has the mentioned problem. i don't know if i can show that in a bar chart. if yes, would you please explain to me how?

thanks buddy

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try using Stacked bar chart

Chart Properties -> Style -> Select Stacked

Regards,

Jagan.

arixooo123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

i don't know how stacked chart can solve my problem. I changed the Chart to Stacked but know just one of the dimensions is been accounted. the first one (Country) and the second one which is Customer Status doesn't appear in the chart. the interesting part is that stacked is also proportional to the size of each value, countries with more customers have more space.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Can you attach sample file with your mekko chart?

REgards,

Jagan.

arixooo123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

sample.png

sorry buddy, i did not know how to export a sample from my data, although i think it's easier to understand, because i simplified the question and the real data is not like this. nevertheless, here is what i have and what i want. in my data set, i have customers who have status and country, i added them as dimensions and set the expressions as COUNT(CUSTOMERS).

thanks

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Please find attached file for solution.

Regards,

Jagan.