Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

show complete week

hi

i have a pivot table with the dimension calendar week week day and the expression sum(profit) most months start in the middle of a calendar week for example the 2012-08-01 was a wedensday. so my pivot table for the month august starts with wedensday 2012-08-01...but I want that the whole week is shown in that case that it starts with Monday 2012-07-30

does anyone know how I can do that???

regards,

MT

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

So you select one value in field month?

You could try something like

=sum({<week=p(), month=>} profit)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

So you select one value in field month?

You could try something like

=sum({<week=p(), month=>} profit)

Not applicable
Author

and what is p() and yes I selected the month August in a listbox

Not applicable
Author

thank you it worked can you please explain me what p() does?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I used set analysis:

{<week=p(), month=>}

This part in an aggregation function like sum() is telling QV to disregard any selections in month, but select all possible weeks.

It's easier if you create some listboxes for month and week, and date. If you select a month, only few weeks are possible, all other weeks are excluded (remember the green, white, grey thing). Now open context menu on week list box and 'Select possible'. Then 'Clear' selection using context menu on month list box.

You should possibly notice that now multiple month are possible, every month that has a connection to one of the selected weeks. I think that's what you need here.

The set analysis does all this, but only in the context of your sum(profit) expression, not affecting any other expression / chart (So if you use more expressions in your pivot table than sum(profit), you may need to add the set analysis part to each aggregation function.

Hope this helps,

Stefan