Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

store into does not work

Hi,

I have a script where i join tables and then do a store into and save the result in a text file.

However when the script runs it freezes at the point where it is suppose to store the table. looking at the task manager this task just keeps eating memory until it hits the roof and the whole server freezes. The number of rows has nothing to do with it, cause i did narrow it down to try.

Have someone experienced this before? And know what the problem is?

Can i upload the script? How do i do that?

thanks in advance,

//A.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

it was my fault... had a bad join and that cause the file to be dumped to be huge!

Thanks for leading me to the right track of debugging 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can copy and paste a fragment of your script into the message, or you can attached any attachments in the "Options" tab of the post.

It's a known fact that STORE command requires a double amount of memory to write the table on the disk, however you said that you tried it on a small data set, so this is unlikely to be your problem.

Another issue is to double check user rights (in Windows) - maybe, the user that runs the job, doesn't have the rights to write in the folder? However, I wouldn't expect the memory to go up indefinitely...

A third possible problem is if the file is locked. It might happen if you had a previous process fail and some leftovers of it remain in memory, keeping the file locked. I think killing all dangling QV processes in the Task Manager, or rebooting as the ultimate clean-up measure, should help this problem...

If it's not any of the above, it might be a software glitch...

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Anykay wrote:Can i upload the script? How do i do that?

When you reply to this post, go to the top part, change to tab "Options" and upload the document there.

Anyway, when you do a debug load with say 100 records, does the reload stop at the moment of the join or in the STORE line? (Clicking on the line number in the debug dialog you can set a break point, so the script will stop there until you click on Execute or Step).

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

it was my fault... had a bad join and that cause the file to be dumped to be huge!

Thanks for leading me to the right track of debugging 🙂