Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicolasCARLIER
Contributor II
Contributor II

store value of Dynamic Update on access point

Hi, thanks for reading this post,

I'm using Dynamic Update on access point and I need to keep added values.

On desktop everything work i have a .bat which run another .qvw witch binary load on the first .qvw and store the Dynamic Update value.

But on access point the Dynamic Update values don't seems to be in the .qww.

Anithing know how can i keep those added value ?

(hope my english is readable, I didn't pratice since years)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would recommend reviewing the Help documentation first to be sure what you are attempting to do is supported there:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Setup_QlikVi...

Dynamic Update is a very old feature which has not been updated in years and has quite a number of limitations, one being in order for it to work, the users must be in the QlikView Administrators security group, so that could be why things are not working via the server would be my best hunch.  Also, you cannot have multiple users in the same app concurrently trying to run updates, as they will basically cancel each other out and the last one to run will be what everyone sees, so I am not sure this is the solution for which you are really looking.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would recommend reviewing the Help documentation first to be sure what you are attempting to do is supported there:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Setup_QlikVi...

Dynamic Update is a very old feature which has not been updated in years and has quite a number of limitations, one being in order for it to work, the users must be in the QlikView Administrators security group, so that could be why things are not working via the server would be my best hunch.  Also, you cannot have multiple users in the same app concurrently trying to run updates, as they will basically cancel each other out and the last one to run will be what everyone sees, so I am not sure this is the solution for which you are really looking.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
NicolasCARLIER
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Brett,

I read the documentation you linked, i found this

"The uploaded information is only stored in RAM, so any data added or updated using the Allow Dynamic Data Update feature is lost, if a reload of the document is performed."

Well I expected something different, iIwill looking for an other solution.

thanks