Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

system and user acceptance testing of QlikView

Hello,

I am currently working on a large Oracle project that has chosen QlikView as the reporting solution.

One of the questions that has arisen is how will the "reports" be tested?

There are currently 140 reports (mainly Crystal) that QlikView will be replacing.

Obviously the QlikView UI is so different from the existing reports that it will not be a case of matching like with like.

Does anyone out there have experience of using/writing test scripts for QlikView or any experience of this type of testing with QlikView?

Is there any best practice published on this subject by QlikTech?

Thanks

Rachael

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am also researching and investigating about QlikView testing for development and maintenance process.

Do you have any updated information concerned with your topic in your Oracle project? How did you do system and user acceptance testing?

I found out the following discussioin concerned with testing QlikView.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/8625

In that discussion, they discuss about Selenium and Watin Web page testing framework for QV in AJAX and Autoit for UI testing. Adobe PDF comparison tool for comparison testing. QV macros for testing values generated in the UI.

I also didn't find anything concerened with this subject from QlikTech partner portal.

Regards,

Kaung

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaung!!!

I would like to know ¿how did you drive your testing proyect?, ¿what automation tools did you finally use?.

Best Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi eidermauricio,

We finally decided that the automated testing for development and maintenance process is not possible currently. So we are now using traditional testing process(testing by human) using test cases.

With all the best,

Kaung Myat Tun

Not applicable
Author

Did you see the  QlikOCXLib.dll windows library?

I think that with that DLL we could automate some acceptance testing via C#.NET. I am doing some successfully QV Desktops applications automations, for example:

//Access the aplication

doc = app.OpenDoc(@"C:\Users\Kary\Desktop\QlikViewPruebas\Prueba1.qvw");           

//Reference "Principal" sheet

sh = doc.Sheets("Principal");

//Get the listbox fases associated to the "FASES" field

lb = (QlikView.ListBox)sh.SheetObjects("LB01_FASES");

//Get the associated field "FASES"

fd = lb.GetField();

//Will contain "FASES" possible values

object[] fdValues = null;

//Get the possible values

lb.Clear();

fdValues = (object[])lb.GetPossibleValues();

//Validate  that "CODING" be as a possible value

if (!fdValues.Contains((object)"CODING")

{

Assert.Error("Te [CODING] phase value is not present in the field");

}

And also, exists QlikView Workbench that lets connect to a QVServer and make the same code above.

¿What do you think about it?