Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ravindraa
Creator
Creator

top n and bottom n employess in bar chart using slider

Hi all,

i have struck in one place while displaying top n and bottom n employess.

My requierment is we have 25 member employee we need to display the top n and bottom n employess (i mean top 10 and bottom 10)

top 10 barchart it is working fine but when ever we are going create the same way it is not working.

i have used  to get the top 10 employees details :

slider object: i have selected variable option 10 to -10 static 2

in Barchart:  In Dimension limits tab i have used the     largest   and value is :

=

if((v_top)>0, (

v_top))

it is working fine but

to get the Bottom n values i have used the same way i mean in another bar chart in dimension limits tab i have used the  smalest and value is

=

if(v_top<0,

fabs(

v_top))

but it is not working if any one know , please give me some suggesions.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_mullick
Creator III
Creator III

If you want to always show the top 3, bottom 3, depending on what the user has selected then you can try this...

Azam

View solution in original post

5 Replies
a_mullick
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

You should wrap the variable in a '$()' so it gets handled correctly:

=if($(v_top)<0,

fabs($(v_top))

)

Actually, I cut and paste your expression into a graph and it worked as intended...so I'm really not sure why your second graph is not working.

Sorry....

Azam

a_mullick
Creator III
Creator III

If you want to always show the top 3, bottom 3, depending on what the user has selected then you can try this...

Azam

ravindraa
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Azam Mullick,

Thanks you very much for the fast replay but in my case i am unable to find the Bottom 10 Employess at 10th point slider ,

if i use 13 points in slider then i am getting Bottom 10 employess and 2 point of slider i am not getting any value , at the 4 point of slider i am getting only 1 value , if you know any sugession please share to me.

Any way used your logic with sample data it is working fine.

a_mullick
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Without seeing your qvw, I can't really say what may be causing the behaviour you describe. Could you post your application to look at?

Thanks,

Azam

ravindraa
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Azam Mullick,

Thanks you very much for your replay present my application is woriking fine.

in my application there is 3 employees have 0 values that's why it dosen't show the values i uncheck the Suppress the Null values option then it comes normally i mean i am able see the all 10 values.

Thank you very much again.............