Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

totals only for selected columns

hi,

i have a totals row at the top of my grid, but one of the columns is an average, meaning that summing it is irrelevant (as opposed to the revenue column, for example).

is there a way to make to the totals row skip the average column?

thanks,

Yaron.

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I don't know what you mean by "grid" (it's not a standard QlikView object) but if you mean Straight table, the column totals should correct themselves. A total is the original expression applied to all data that has been activated by selections. So the total in an average column will still be an average.

Anyway, if you still don't like the outcome for the averages column, you can disable the total for each individual column in the Properties->Expressions tab. Select the target expression in the list on the left, and make a choice in the Total Mode-group on the right.

Best,

Peter

jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You can use dimensionality() in the example you see a avg() with wighted QV-Logic and a avg where the total is the avg of the lines without wighting each line here you can also skip the total

Colin-Albert

In a Straight Table chart, you can disable the totals column by column, just select "No Totals" on the expression tab.

This option can be set for each expression.