Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saimahasan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

trigger goes off automatically

Hi,

I have an application which has lots of Field triggers set into it. Suddenly i discovered that all the triggers went off automatically. Does anyone has any idea why it happened?? and what is the way to restore back the triggers??

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Anything that changes a selection in a field will fire the field trigger for that field. There's no telling what's causing it in your document without going through the entire document.

I suggest you remove as many of the triggers as possible and stop relying on trigger happy magic and let users make the decisions and select what they want. Perhaps bookmarks can be used in some cases as an alternative.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
saimahasan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I just realized that after manually resetting all the triggers, again my triggers are not working. Though they were working earlier. Is there any setting to be set in order to perform this smoothly??

asgardd2
Creator III
Creator III

Did you change a data model? Triggers could disappear, if he field is not necessary.

saimahasan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

yes there was a change in the data model and the filed disappeared due to an error. But then i recreated all the triggers and now again the triggers are not working though they exist.