Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

trouble with less than equal in set analysis

HI,

I want to fetch  quote values that are six months old or older than it. I am using the following expression

=Sum({<[Quote Month] ={"<=$(= month(AddMonths(now(0), -6)))"}>} [Quote value])

Its not working. Can someone please fix the mistake in this expression

Arif

3 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Try the following expression:

Sum({<[Quote Month] ={"<=$(= Num(month(AddMonths(now(0), -6))))"}>} [Quote value])

... and let me know

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Usually, this type of issues cause because of format issue. How is your data in [Quote Month], numeric or string? Is that created using month() function in the script?

Colin-Albert

How is your [QuoteMonth] data held? If it is just a month name then your expression will not work.

The Month function in QlikView will return a dual data field.   Jan, 1; Feb, 2; Mar, 3...Dec,12 with the default month start. The current month January, so your comparison will look for any orders with a month value less than July (7).

Your comparison really needs to compare date values to select quotes over 6 months old.

=Sum({<[Quote Date] ={"<=$(= date(floor(AddMonths(now(0), -6))))"}>} [Quote value])

The floor function strips the time component from the date.

This function will also require the [Quote Date] value to be held as a QlikView date, not simply text.

Using      date(source_date_field) as [Quote Date] in your load script will do this.