Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
On May 18th at 10AM EDT we will answer your QlikView questions live. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yelin_nyu
Creator
Creator

use expression to achieve 'cross table' effect on object

need to create a line chart with 3 different fields, I didn't want to use cross table to transform my tbl in back end, because out of 100 objects in the tool only 1 object looks at every months (the trend). the rest of 99 objects only cares about Jan. So changing to cross table means I have to add a set analysis on all those objects to look at month=jan only.

how do I create a trend of jan, feb, mar if all of them a separate field?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jaimeaguilar
Partner
Partner

Hi,

In Properties > Presentation > there is a checkbox that says 'Horizontal'. If you activate it, you can visually traspose your table, so you can get a cross-table like effect,

check the attached example,

regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies
yelin_nyu
Creator
Creator
Author

ok I found a stupid way to do this, making a data island: month, with values like jan, feb, mar

and create a line chart use month as dimension, and expression: if(month='jan', sum(jan), if(month='feb', sum(feb)...

it worked!!!! but is there better way to do this? like pick or any other function.

jaimeaguilar
Partner
Partner

Hi,

In Properties > Presentation > there is a checkbox that says 'Horizontal'. If you activate it, you can visually traspose your table, so you can get a cross-table like effect,

check the attached example,

regards

View solution in original post