Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator

using a formula to determine point colour

RGB(255*(Speed/max(Speed),255*(Speed/max(Speed)),255*(Speed/max(Speed)))

Hi im using a scatter chart with the above formula to decide on the colour of the points, it supposed to be taking speed at the point/max speed to give a fraction that is the multiplied by 255 to give the rgb colour of the point. but to be honest its just not working as I want, it purely produces black points and im unsure why,

also if you do manage to work out whats wrongs i don't think it will produce what I want anyway which is a greyscale depending on the spee.

thanks for any help

2 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

in your formula, the brackets are wrong: Try

>>> RGB(255*(Speed/max(Speed)), 255*(Speed/max(Speed)), 255*(Speed/max(Speed))) <<<

(you are missing the second closing bracket after the first of the three parts of RGB(). The formula_editor in QlikView should be showing you that by highlighting the unmatched opening bracket in red?)

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

Ive tried all combinations of brackets but no joy, ive tried your formula and got the same result.

below is a dropbox link to the sample data. the plan was to have time on the X axis, marker post on the Y and the point shade displaying the speed.

I only have the free qlikview version but I would be grateful for any help

Dropbox - sample data.xlsx