Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rafael5958
Creator
Creator

variable in access password load

Is there a way to put a variable in access section?

Something like:

Section Access;

replace LOAD * INLINE [
    ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, NTNAME
	ADMIN, $(vUser), $(vPassword),*
];
Section Application;

So I could run from cmd and set user and password?

Like:

"c:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r /vUser="User1" /vPassword="1234" "sss.qvw"

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rafael5958
Creator
Creator
Author

D:\Qlikview\>"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r /vUserL=user4  /vPassL=123456 test.qvw
replace LOAD * INLINE [

ADMIN, $(UserL), $(PassL),*
];
Section Application;

Worked for my needs.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

What is the aim of your intention? Why not just using NTNAME for the authentication?

I'm not sure how the order is in which the parameters are applied - means comes the reload first and then the variable-value is set or is it reverse and also if you could repeat the /v parameter for multiple variables or if it needs a different syntax? But this could you simply test - maybe within any dummy-application without section access.

Beside this your syntax/logic isn't quite right because you missed a v and I'm not sure if the variable-values need a quotes-wrapping or not - therefore to set the variable vUser the parameter should rather look like: /vvUser=YourValue.

Further you tries to apply a partial load with replace - if this will really work with section access? If yes, you need also to change the parameter /r to /rp.

- Marcus

rafael5958
Creator
Creator
Author

D:\Qlikview\>"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r /vUserL=user4  /vPassL=123456 test.qvw
replace LOAD * INLINE [

ADMIN, $(UserL), $(PassL),*
];
Section Application;

Worked for my needs.