Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

week mis match

Hi All,

I am having a date column with timestamp. And when I am trying to create Week for the chart it is getting mismatched.

Ex:

DATE:12/30/2014 8:12:00 PM

When I am trying to create the week with above DATE field ,it shows as 1 week. Any ideas?

When end of Dec how it can be a first week?

-Jai

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ij

It is correct it should be 1, you may think its should b week 52, but this week overlaps with the first week of January 2015, as in week 52 of 2014 is combined with week 1 of 2015, therefore you will get 1. please check your calendar to verify this.

Hope this helps you.

Kind regards

Dlamini

Gysbert_Wassenaar

The week numbers are calculated using the ISO 8601 standard. The week number for 12/30/2014 is 1. It's correct. If you want to do it differently read this blog post: Redefining the Week Numbers

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi IJ

"

There is a definition made by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO 8601) that QlikView uses to calculate week numbers. It states that

1. The week starts on a Monday.
  2. A week is always unbroken, i.e. some years week 1 starts already in December, and in other years week 52 or 53 continues into January.
  3. Week 1 always contains Jan 4th. Or, differently put: Week 1 always has at least 4 days in January. A third way to say it is: The first Thursday of the year always lies in week 1."

Regards

Dlamini

ankitaag
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Jai,

Try the below code in your script if you don't want 2014-12-30 as your 1st week.

LOAD Dates , Div(Dates-YearStart(Dates,0,1) + WeekDay(YearStart(Dates,0,1)) +7,7) as FiscalWeek

FROM

Dates.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

Thanks and Regards,

Ankita