Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

why admin user see only the users see

I did a test. there is section access part in my qv script:

section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
    ACCESS,NTNAME,%REGION
    ADMIN,DOMAIN\123,*
    USER,DOMAIN\456,SOUTH
];

Section Application;

LOAD * INLINE
[%REGION,REGION
SOUTH,South
NORTH,North
EAST,East
];

LOAD REGION,
     SALES
FROM
G:\temp\test.xlsx
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is tt1);

the data from test.xlsx is like this:

REGIONSALES
South10
North20
East30
Central40

After reloading, I can see the all data in my report:

Untitled.png

but when i close the document and reopen it as admin user, I can only see the data from 'South'

:

1111.png

WHY?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

While you are mentioning '*' in section access, qv takes this as all members which are mentioned in the section access (for the certain field). And in your case, under %REGION there is only one region mentioned, SOUTH, so the * means only one value in section access. You have to mention all the members in the section access to be able to see all of them by admin. Try something like.

section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS,NTNAME,%REGION

ADMIN,DOMAIN\123,*

USER1,DOMAIN\456,SOUTH

USER2,DOMAIN\456,NORTH

USER3,DOMAIN\456,EAST

];     // Now all regions being included in the section access, '*' would mean to take them all into consideration.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

While you are mentioning '*' in section access, qv takes this as all members which are mentioned in the section access (for the certain field). And in your case, under %REGION there is only one region mentioned, SOUTH, so the * means only one value in section access. You have to mention all the members in the section access to be able to see all of them by admin. Try something like.

section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS,NTNAME,%REGION

ADMIN,DOMAIN\123,*

USER1,DOMAIN\456,SOUTH

USER2,DOMAIN\456,NORTH

USER3,DOMAIN\456,EAST

];     // Now all regions being included in the section access, '*' would mean to take them all into consideration.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot, tresesco. Now i have known that '*' represent the value listed in the Section access but not all. Using blank will solve this problem if we want the admin user see the all value. Thank you again.