Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Audit trail approach.

Hi,

I'm developing an app which is gonna be reloaded daily (once every night or so), no incremental load just a

simple reload.

I need some kind of audit trail functionality, to be able to see the exact numbers in the app for a certain historical date.

I've never done this before and the only thing I've come up with is saving a QVD file after each reload or something like that.

What is best practice? What approach would you use?

Any help/suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Olle

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mvanlutterveld
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Olle,

This is something you have to script, you can’t configure it. It isn’t very difficult. Fill some variables with the data you want to store and after each reload add them to your audit QVD. Before you start you can also check out the QlikView Governance Dashboard. It’s a free app provided by Qlik. You can get it from the Qlik download site. I use the Governance Dashboard a lot at more complex QV environments.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Michiel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
mvanlutterveld
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Olle,

After each reload you can add your audit parameters to an audit QVD file. This QVD file can serve as input for your audit app. What parameters you should store is up to you, but I think Date of reload, Number of rows per table, Duration of the reload, etc… So, for each date a reload has been performed there’s an entry in the audit QVD file.

Cheers,

Michiel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer Micheil.

Is that something I can configure somewhere under "Document Settings"

or something to insert in the script?

Rgds,

Olle

mvanlutterveld
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Olle,

This is something you have to script, you can’t configure it. It isn’t very difficult. Fill some variables with the data you want to store and after each reload add them to your audit QVD. Before you start you can also check out the QlikView Governance Dashboard. It’s a free app provided by Qlik. You can get it from the Qlik download site. I use the Governance Dashboard a lot at more complex QV environments.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Michiel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the input!