Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculated dimension in pivot table to show status history

Hi there,

I have some data for project reportings and would like to show a pivot table like this one:

2.jpg

So far this table are in fact two tables. The status history on the right hand side is a second pivot table. That's not want I want especially when it comes to scrolling the table.

Besides the other data I have the status history in an excel file as shown below. 1.jpg

Every month we have to report our projects, so every ID equals one month.

What I want to do is to join both tables, while the Status history should always show the last six entries.

However, I guess I would need a calculated dimension for each of the last six entries to exactly pick one status per column.

I don't know whats wrong, but I only works for one column or entry. Everytime I create a calculated domension for the second entry it stays empty. In my first column I can show all of the last six entries by simply changing the dimension (for example using rank() in the dimension to swap form entry to entry) but I need to show all six in seperate columns as shown in the first screenshot.

Can anybody help?

Thanks and best regards,

Christian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps you can use the firstsortedvalue function to get the status you want. Something like =aggr(firstsortedvalue(status, -ID), SD, Machine, Customer)

=aggr(firstsortedvalue(status, -ID, 2), SD, Machine, Customer)

=aggr(firstsortedvalue(status, -ID, 6), SD, Machine, Customer)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps you can use the firstsortedvalue function to get the status you want. Something like =aggr(firstsortedvalue(status, -ID), SD, Machine, Customer)

=aggr(firstsortedvalue(status, -ID, 2), SD, Machine, Customer)

=aggr(firstsortedvalue(status, -ID, 6), SD, Machine, Customer)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hey Gysbert,

yeah - it works

I already tried firstsortedvalue, but didn't use the aggr() function. That did the trick.

There is just one thing I don't get: I would like to color the background of the cells according to their values.

This is my (shortened) function:

=if(aggr(firstsortedvalue(Gesamtstatus, -ID),SD,Maschine, Kunde)>6, rgb(0,255,0), rgb(150,150,150))

Strange thing is that it only works if there is an entry in the first date field right beside the status history:

3.jpg

It does not work for the other entries until I select only one of them:

4.jpg

I don't know why but the fields seem to be related somehow.

Do you have an idea how I could solve that?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Christian