Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Not applicable

Can Search Box double up as Button?

Hi, I was looking at putting in a new feature in my dashboards. The idea is to collate all chart ids in my dashboard (all custom names) into a table and use the Search box to help quickly find the table I need. Currently I need to use a Button to show/hide the table searched for. I was wondering if it will be possible to have the table restored/maximized/shown immediately after pressing Enter key after search.

Let's say I have two tables:

comics: (objectId - Comics)

[Comics

Calvin And Hobbes

Peanuts

Garfield];

fruits: (objectId - Fruits)

[Fruits

Apple

Mango];

Search_Table: (used in Search box)

[search

Comics

Fruits];

I need the search box to also open the table when I search the ObjectId. I don't want to use a Button/TextBox action. Is it possible?

11 Replies
whiteline
Honored Contributor II

Re: Can Search Box double up as Button?

Hi.

After you pressed enter the selection was made in the 'search' field.

So you can use a simple Conditional Show (Properties->Layout)  expression for your charts.

Something like =search='Comics' and  =search='Fruits'

Actions are not available from the Search object. Actions are available on buttons, text objects, gauges and lines.

whiteline
Honored Contributor II

Re: Re: Can Search Box double up as Button?

Sample

Not applicable

Hi. This was really helpful. Didn't know about the search syntax. Is there a way I can force it to minimize/maximize the table. I can make use show/hide if maximize doesn't work though.

Not applicable

Hi

PFA, Something like this..

Thank you

Vardhan

Not applicable

Hi Vardhan, I have tried macros and felt it was not scalable. I currently have to edit the macro everytime I add a new table or remove an existing one. Hence wanted to know if there was an alternative.

Not applicable

Re: Re: Can Search Box double up as Button?

check this, without using macro.

Thank you

Vardhan

whiteline
Honored Contributor II

Hi.

No, it's just conditional show feature.

Though, you can have more than one object that appears/disappears when the user select something in the search field.

Not applicable

Thanks Vardhan. This uses the same method as suggested by Whiteline. Looks like minimization is not possible. Not sure if conditional show/hide uses lesser resources compared to minimization.