Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can i convert a button into a text box??

Hi people,

Can I convert a button into a text box?? If not possible, What is the easiest way to shift all the triggers and properties i have on a button to that of a text box.

Creating another text box and creating the triggers all over again is the solution i know but looking if there is a better option.

Please help.

12 Replies
sunny_talwar

Did try doing that, but for some reason had a lot of trouble because there were few charts with the same kind of expression which did not need the update, but the other ones did... looking at all the objects from Expression Overview was problematic... where as XML files are for each object and copy pasting was easier.... There might be more than this, but it did me save a lot of time

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you have many variations in those 72 expressions? Or could they be roughly divided in a limited number of groups?

In the latter case, defining your expressions as variables could have been helpful. On condition that there are not too many $-sign substitutions and quoted string nestings...

sunny_talwar

Hahahaha you are right.... didn't think of variable with parameters at that time... but have changed jobs since then...