Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can't we use Variable to provide path of 2nd .qvw when open Qvw using 'Open Qlikview Document' action

Hi Guys,

I was trying to open a document which is at location C:\ABD\Documen1.qvw and want use button to open an another document which  is at location D:\XYZ\Documen2.qvw.

I tried using variable to provide the path of 2nd document in the action but getting error message failed to open.

SET vDocumentChainFolderPath='D:\XYZ\';

and then I tried using =$(vDocumentChainFolderPath)&'Documen2.qvw'

but it is failing. If I give D:\XYZ\Documen2.qvw then It is working fine from QlikView Desktop

but When I am trying opening it using QvAJAXZfc from OUTside of Server Box then getting error message 'Failed to open document. File not found'. Means from outside using QvAJAXZfc it is not able to access path D:\XYZ\Documen2.qvw. Kindly help me in resolving this issue also.

Please suggest how can I set it using variables.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

If you called a variable which contained a string you need (often) single-quotes around the variable:

= '$(vDocumentChainFolderPath)' & 'Document2.qvw'

and if you tried to access a file from outside the server you need to use an unc-path and of course proper access rights for these users:

SET vDocumentChainFolderPath = '\\YourServer\d$\XYZ\';

- Marcus

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

If you called a variable which contained a string you need (often) single-quotes around the variable:

= '$(vDocumentChainFolderPath)' & 'Document2.qvw'

and if you tried to access a file from outside the server you need to use an unc-path and of course proper access rights for these users:

SET vDocumentChainFolderPath = '\\YourServer\d$\XYZ\';

- Marcus