Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Click on table open details

Hi guys,

Is there any chance to do the following..?

"when clicking on a value into a chart (formatted as table), open a second table with details about the value?

Thanks,

Aldo.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

A simple solution is to set a show condition for the details table. The condition can be to count the number of instances of the dimension in the first table.

I use this method in a current application so that when a user clicks on a monthly roll up of information a second chart below shows up with daily detailed information. It's a great way to save on screen real estate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

A simple solution is to set a show condition for the details table. The condition can be to count the number of instances of the dimension in the first table.

I use this method in a current application so that when a user clicks on a monthly roll up of information a second chart below shows up with daily detailed information. It's a great way to save on screen real estate.

Not applicable
Author

Hi man,

Thanks for your answer.

Could you upload an example (qvw), please?

Thanks,

Aldo.

Not applicable
Author

HI Aldo ,

As per my understanding , what i got from your problem is that you should use Drill Down as dimension in for you requirement. This will new report in same table.but with the slected dimention.

For example : 1. Category1 : Food , NOn Food , Chemicals

Food: All the food , Non Food : All the Non Food items , Chemical : same

2. Year > MOnth > Week > Days

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Using Triggers you can do it.

Go to document properties->Triggers and in Field Event Trigger you need to do it. Beside it you have On Select button, use this.

For example let say you have Location as a dimension, when someone clicks a row in a chart and a location is selected in that case restore another chart.

If you need some app for reference, i will give.

Reg,

Shubhu

Not applicable
Author

I stripped some data out of an existing app I have and scrambled the data to provide the example so forgive the size please. Clicking on a row in the Underwriter column will open up a daily showing of their work. It's reduced even further if they have an number in the audit field and that day is clicked it opens another table with detailed information on that audit.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.