Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get Active container tab

Hi Expert

I have container with 6 object whenever i clicked the container, have to get container index position.I have below VB script it gets container position unless i assign to button and click the button each time. But i want to capture the container index position whenever change te container automatically. Even i have tried with trigger at document level on "Any Select'. it is not capturing the position. Please help me

I am using Qliviw SR12 version. Please help me

sub GetActiveIndex

Set ContainerObj= ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CT01")

Set ContProp=ContainerObj.GetProperties      

vTab="You clicked tab #" & ContProp.SingleObjectActiveIndex

ActiveDocument.Variables("vTab").SetContent vActiveIndex, true

msgbox vTab

end sub

regards

Ramu

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ramu,

Are you looking for a way to identify which object of the container has been selected? You can do this in a different way by  using buttons/text objects to look like the container tabs. What you can do is keep the 6 objects one below the other and enable/disable them on qlik of the  buttons and based on which button has been clicked you will get the object position. I hope this helps. You could send attach a sample application otherwise.

Regards,

Greeshma

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Greeshma for your reply. but is it possible to find out with container option.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No such property in a container. Just suggesting an alternate option in case you do not find a way to get it done using a macro.