Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n1ef5ng1
Creator
Creator

Help on weighted average

Below are my table list

Staff Name         Base        Commis  Formula for Wted Ave          Weighted Average      

adam                     22.5         1,357       (1,357 / 4,974) x 22.5             6.37                               

Kota                       22.5         1,081       (1,081 / 4,974) x 22.5             4.89                               

Sour                       21.7         929          (929 / 4,974) x 21.7                4.05                               

Bitter                       19.0         723          (723 / 4,974) x 19.0                2.76                               

Sweet                     22.6         485          (485 / 4,974) x 22.6                2.20                               

Kicker                     25.2         399          (399 / 4,974) x 25.2                2.02                               

Total Boxes                     4,974       Total Weighted Average      22.29              

My desire output that I want in qlikview pivot table is only

Total Weighted Average          22.29

How can i derived that with so complex formula

Thanks in advance              

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have a look at the attached file.

Use below expression.

sum

(aggr((sum(Commis) / sum(total Commis)) * sum(Base),Name))

And Dimension as Name

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki   

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have a look at the attached file.

Use below expression.

sum

(aggr((sum(Commis) / sum(total Commis)) * sum(Base),Name))

And Dimension as Name

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki   

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
n1ef5ng1
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks!

Not applicable

Hi, I have a different problem.

Here's a sample data set:

Capture.JPG

Total [Absolute Error] is sum of absolute [Error]. (Thus the difference from total [Error])

[Absolute % Error] is fabs( [Absolute Error] / Actual).

The problem is that the total of [Absolute % Error] works out as a weighted average and not as the calculation of the total of [Absolute Error] / total of Actual. (3260 / 17421).

I've tried using the aggr function over the 3 dimensions at the front, but for some reason I'm getting no results then.

Any advise?