Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Hide / UnHide Grid column based on Conditions

Can we hide and unhide columns based on our required like the snapshot below:

Shumail

11 Replies
Not applicable

I would create two tables - one with actuals and plan and the other table only with actuals. Then create a list box with two values. Hide and show the appropriate table based on the selection.

Nimish

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

One more thing I extracted this data from qlikview whereas you can see in the first grid the numbers for plan column was only available for jul-10, what i do is to exclude all the values for plan except july-2010 by using set analysis

sum({$<Report_Date = {'40390'}>} Fin_Amount)

but i couldn't get my required grid.

Shumail

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Nimish Shah wrote:
I would create two tables - one with actuals and plan and the other table only with actuals. Then create a list box with two values. Hide and show the appropriate table based on the selection.
Nimish<div></div>

Hi Nimish,

Can you please explain this point "Then create a list box with two values. Hide and show the appropriate table based on the selection." I am not getting u.

Shumail

jlassell
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Here is an example QVW that will hide columns based on a user selection.

Cols are hidden/not hidden based on a condition in the presentation tab.

Not applicable

You are right but Hide columns conditionally is possible only for straight tables and not for pivot tables. So it would depend on Shumail's requirement. From his chart it looks like he can use a straight table and do as you have suggested.

Nimish

Not applicable

Sorry but did not realize that you wanted actuals till July and plan for July. So the solution will not work in your case.

Nimish

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Nimish Shah wrote:
Sorry but did not realize that you wanted actuals till July and plan for July. So the solution will not work in your case.
Nimish<div></div>

Nimish,

Are you saying that I can implement required grid (actuals till July and plan for July) by using straight table? OR its not possible in qlikview?

Shumail

Not applicable

Are you looking for something like what is attached in the example?

Nimish

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Nimish Shah wrote:

Nimish<div></div>

Hi Nimish,

This cross table and other load function i know, I already mentioned and in ur previous post u understand it right that I am looking for "actuals Jan10 till July10 and plan only for July10" in the grid. I am looking for hiding and unhiding fields based on conditions.

This Actual and Plan are the seperate fields as u did it in ur example but i want to hide the plan for last 6 months only wanted to display it for jul-10 whereas actual would be shown for all months.

Shumail