Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to fix size of straight table

I have created a dynamic straight table that allows user to select what columns they would like to include. If they continue to add columns to the table, it will keep growing to the right and go off the side of the screen. I would like a way to limit the size of the chart so a scroll bar will appear inside the chart after it reaches a certain size.

Thanks very much

15 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

Keep only primary Fields (2 to 5 ) like ID or not a calculated Fields in the Dimension. Rest all move to expression. This will surely solve the problem but of course you need to take the efforts.

kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

I think that's a great idea; I sometimes use that too. User can still find the information if he/she is looking for it, but in the same time it's not taking up the space from the most important dimensions and expressions, and you can use your horizontal scroll!

OCurnell

I think you should give that a try.

simply remove some dimensions (the less important ones) and create it in expression window, by typing the field name you want to display.

marcus_sommer

If the object is only for exporting you didn't need to worry about scrolling and if it's for use in qv too then you should rather limit the number of dimensions. And using two objects for those two different needs - then working with such wide tables is quite painful especially if there are vertically and horizontally scrollbars ...

- Marcus

daniellial
Contributor III
Contributor III

I think it can be solved enabling the option "Size to Data" in "Layout" tab.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for your help

Kushal_Chawda

I am glad that I was able to help