Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Highlighted
charles1981
New Contributor II

How to get associate field value into a variable of selection field from the listbox ?

Hi,

Anyone help me to achieve this please? I have one table like below:

ParentChild
CarABC
CarDDS
Truckwest
TruckOuija

from this I loaded Child field into a List box for selection.  so When I select any child from the list box, I want to assign the associated parent value into a variable. for example, if I select a child "DDS" then I want that parent value "Car" into a variable or if selected "Ouija" then "Truck" into a variable.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to get associate field value into a variable of selection field from the listbox ?

Have you looked into Field Event Triggers?? Triggers

3 Replies

Re: How to get associate field value into a variable of selection field from the listbox ?

Have you looked into Field Event Triggers?? Triggers

charles1981
New Contributor II

Hi Sunny T,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I tried using triggers as you suggested but I couldn't able to achieve my requirement.

I have attached the .qvw files. could you please check and guide me where I did wrong?

I want the parent of selected child to be assigned to the variable varModelParent.

charles1981
New Contributor II

Done using Field event Triggers as suggested by Sunnt T. Thank you so much.