Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to remove duplicates

Hi team,

I hope you are doing great. I’m kind of new working on Qlikview, and I have an issue with one formula. I hope someone can help me out.

What I’m trying to do is an expression that can remove duplicates. I have as the dimension the Supervisor ID, and each Supervisors have their own sellers. Each seller need to have an interaction day before the sale is done. They can just make one sale each day. So on my tables I have something like this, since sometimes may database duplicates the sale days.

SupervisorID

Seller

Interaction day

Sale day

Kenia

12/31/2013

01/03/2014

Kenia

12/31/2013

01/03/2014

Andres

12/31/2013

01/03/2014

Andres

12/31/2013

01/03/2014

Iñigo

12/2/2013

12/03/2013

Iñigo

12/2/2013

12/03/2013

My intention is just to count one Sale day for each interaction day, corresponding to each seller.

Meaning to have something like this:

SupervisorID

Seller

Interaction  day

Sale day

Kenia

12/31/2013

01/03/2014

Serrano

12/31/2013

01/03/2014

Iñigo

12/2/2013

12/03/2013

the total number of Sale day is “3”

I try to use a formula like: =count(DISTINCT if(saleday=interactionday,1,0))

What happned was that using this way DISTINCT it deleated one of the 01/03/2014, so I just stayed with “2”, but Im looking to have a 3 since are diferent sellers.

NOTE: I can’t modified my script nor my database. I have to use an expression.

I hope some one can halp me with this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you need to count only one Sales date per Interaction Date, you need to use an advanced aggregation function like this:

count( AGGR( min([Sale day]), SupervisorID, Seller, [Interaction Day]))

The function AGGR will pre-aggregate the detailed data and give you one Sales date for each combination of Supervisor, Seller and Interaction Date, and the function Count will count the results. If this is used as an expression in a chart with Supervisor and Seller as Dimensions, the result will accurately show the count of Sale Dates per Supervisor and Seller.

Make sure NOT to use DISTINCT because some Sellers may have the same Sale Dates, and you want to count them separately.

I teach Advanced Aggregation at a great level of detail at the Masters Summit for QlikView, which is coming to Chicago this April - check out MastersSummit.com.

Best,

Oleg Troyansky

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Nicole-Smith

=count(distinct Seller & [Sale day])

See attached for an example using your data.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

If you don't need (or don't use) duplicates rows, try Load DISTINCT in script editor.

Example:

MyTable:

LOAD DISTINCT

Field1,

Field2,

FieldN

From MyTable.qvd;

Finally use your Count() Formula.

Best regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I believe since there can be multiple interaction days that have the same Sale Day it should be:

=count(distinct [Sale day]&[Interaction Day] &Seller)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please try:

=count({<seller={'*'}>} distinct saleday)  - for distinct records based on two field seller and saleday

=count({<seller={'*'}>} distinct [saleday] &[interactionday])    for distinct records based on three fields seller, interactionday and saleday

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your prompt response, I tried to use your formula, but I just got the count distinct from all sellers and  sales day, it seems that is adding total Sellers + Sale day.

Where can I see the attachment?

Nicole-Smith

You can find the attachment from looking at my post on the thread, not from in your inbox:

I actually think you may want to go with Michael Gardner's response.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Oswaldo,

I considered to make changes on the script, but I’m not allowed to change it.

I’m looking forward to make it happened with a formula.

Any extra ideas?

Thanks for your response.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael

The same thing happened as Nicole case, but in this time I got a bigger number since it seems that is adding the interaction day.

Thanks for your response.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you need to count only one Sales date per Interaction Date, you need to use an advanced aggregation function like this:

count( AGGR( min([Sale day]), SupervisorID, Seller, [Interaction Day]))

The function AGGR will pre-aggregate the detailed data and give you one Sales date for each combination of Supervisor, Seller and Interaction Date, and the function Count will count the results. If this is used as an expression in a chart with Supervisor and Seller as Dimensions, the result will accurately show the count of Sale Dates per Supervisor and Seller.

Make sure NOT to use DISTINCT because some Sellers may have the same Sale Dates, and you want to count them separately.

I teach Advanced Aggregation at a great level of detail at the Masters Summit for QlikView, which is coming to Chicago this April - check out MastersSummit.com.

Best,

Oleg Troyansky