Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Identify the "inverse" of a list of dates

Hello. I have a 2xN table of people and dates. I need to derive the "inverse" dates for each unique person code. I would prefer to do this in a chart expression rather than my load script.

My original data looks like this:

Person
Contacted

John

5/10/13
John5/15/13
John5/17/13
John5/21/13
Susan4/6/13
Susan4/15/13
Bob5/5/13
Bob5/6/13
Mary4/9/13
Mary4/15/13

I need to find all the dates for John that do not appear in this list, and all the dates for Mary that do not appear, etc. I realize I will have to constrain the inverse set with a start and end date, because otherwise the inverse set is infinite.

For more context... the field [Person] appears in other tables. I'm trying to build an expression something like min([NOT contacted date]) for each Person.

I've tried {1-$} set analysis type operations, but I don't think that's the right tool for the job, since I'm not trying to exclude selections.

Help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Please take a look at the attached and see if it does what you are looking for.  Notice if you select different dates then the result will change accordingly.

Regards.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Gysbert,

Thank you.. this is excellent!. I took your demonstration and unpicked the code until I understand it. I now have a calendar by each person with a 1 or null flag by day. I even found a mapping load method to flip the nulls (representing not contacted days) to zeros. Google tells me this is bad, but it's helping clarify things while I play around.

I have been able to change your expression:

concat({1-<ContactedFlag={1}>}distinct Contacted, ' ')

and turn it into either:

MIN({1-<ContactedFlag={1}>} Contacted)

or:

MIN({<ContactedFlag={1}>}Contacted).

What I'm trying to do now is combine both of my expressions above. I want to find the lowest not contacted day after the lowest contacted day.

Conceptually, I want to do this (just directly nesting the two:

MIN({1-<ContactedFlag={1}>} >= MIN({<ContactedFlag={1}>}Contacted))

This is not playing nice. When you have time, please let me know what you think. You have been incredibly helpful so far!

Thanks!

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Please take a look at the attached and see if it does what you are looking for.  Notice if you select different dates then the result will change accordingly.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Josh,

That is perfect! Thank you.

In addition, I built on the framework you provided with a more complex expression sitting on top of a test variable:

min({<FirstDayNotContactedFlag={1}, Contacted={">=$(vTestInputDate)"}>} Contacted)

Thanks,

Stephen