Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Infrastructure and Application Development Improvement & Scalability

My company is starting to use QlikView more extensively. Since more and more departments are starting to use QlikView, we are reviewing our current infrastructure and trying to find the BEST solution on how we can MOST EFFICIENTLY and EFFECTIVELY employ QlikView in our organization.

Therefore, I would like to discuss on this forum the best practices on how to achieve the mentioned goal.

The current infrastructure has the following entities:

- test server (virtual machine, x64-bit, Windows Server 2012 Standard, 32 GB RAM). We are using the server for testing and (sometimes) for developing purposes

- production server (physical machine,  x64-bit, Windows Server 2012 Standard, 64 GB RAM)

- at this moment 4 large departments are using QlikView:

Dept. 1 has 4 layout QVW, and each is circa 250 MB big

Dept. 2 has circa 10 layout QVW, and each ist circa 10 MB big

Dept. 3 has 2 layout QVW, and each is circa 5 MB

Dept. 4 has 3 layout QVW, and each is circa 15 MB
As mentioned before, we will want to employ QlikView more extensively in our organization. Rughly estimated, I am expecting this year circa 10 layout QVWs with each circa 250 MB, 20 layout QVWs with each circa 50 MB, and 30 QVWs with 30 MB.

- one subsidiary in a foreign  country will use our infrastucture for making QVW.

I would like to inquire, if you can you please give me suggestions about the following:

• scalability of infrastructure
  • effectice and efficient use of resources
  • best practice regarding application development (we are currently using 3 tear approach: layer 1 is QVD generation, layer 2 is Data model, and layer 3 is Layout)
  • some other suggestions that could improve our experience with QlikView
  • if exists, documentation or books about this topic

Thanks

D.

0 Replies