Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to display figures that rounded in thousands but export is the raw figures ?

Hi All,

A question comes up from a client. They would like to display a figures in the table but show as a rounded to thousand figures, while when they export the table to excel, raw figures are exported.

For example:

Data : 15,654.28

In Table : 16,000.00

In Excel : 15,654.28

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The quick and easy option is to have two buttons: one for creating and one for exporting the table.

Create the table with the rounded value and then when you click on export button it should remove the rounded value field and include the unrounded value column for export.

You can create a table using:  Set tb = ActiveDocument.Sheets("SheetName").CreateTableBox

You can add & remove columns using: tb.AddField "RoundedAmount" / tb.RemoveField "RoundedAmount"

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralphkomer,

Thanks for your feedback.

But my client is using AJAX and looks like macro may not be a good solution as AJAX unable to run most of the macros.....But your suggestion stimulated my thought!

Thanks again.

If anyone of you having more suggestions and solutions, do feel free to give me a clue.

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Hi all, no more suggestion on this? Or this is, indeed, not achieveable?

Thanks