Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a function that returns the type of view

Is there a function that can tell me how the dashboard is being viewed?

I would like to conditionally show some objects in my dashboard, namely I'd like to hide them if the dashboard is being viewed in the browser. How can I find out, in an expression, how the user is viewing the dashboard? (In Qlikview or In Browser)

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

George,

Take a look at function ClientPlatform().  I never used it, so can't tell any details.  Probably it returns null for non-AJAX clients.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

In Object properties->General tab->select Conditional

and type there

upper(OSuser())='DomainName\LoginName'

it will visible to you only not to others.I mean the name in above Expression only view that object

Hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

I see where you are coming from, but I'd like to have it know where it is being displayed. I'd like some elements of my dashboard to disappear in the browser even for me, without having to make a new domain account. Thanks for your input though.

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

In Object properties->General tab->select Conditional

simply you can write 1=2 for that perticular object it will neither available on your system nor access point

Sunil Chauhan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

George,

Take a look at function ClientPlatform().  I never used it, so can't tell any details.  Probably it returns null for non-AJAX clients.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Perfect! Thanks.

That function returns nothing in Qlikview but in a browser it will return the browser's engine and version. I've used

=IF(ClientPlatform()='',1,0)

Which works flawlessly. Thanks Michael!