Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue loading identical rows from QVD

Hi,

I have problem in loading data from a QVD. The QVD has 8 columns and I am loading only the required 6 columns from QVD into the QVW. This has one measure field and 5 dimension reference.

Some of the rows in the resulting data (6 columns) has identical rows and qlikview supress these identical rows while loading from QVD. This ideally should not happen but I am not sure why this is occuring.

Have someone already faced this issue. Let me know your comments on this.

Thanks, Haneesh

9 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Have you checked the frequency after reload? If done, you can use Recno() as an additional field while loading, hope this would resolve your problem.

Regards, tresesco

Not applicable
Author

My table has more than 50 million records and so adding a RecNo() increases the document memory by huge size, so I can't use it.

What do you mean by the frequency after reload?

Thanks,

Haneesh

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I meant a way of being confirm it it really not loading those identical rows. After reload if you are checking in table, the identical rows are not shown repeatedly. You can check that by only checking the frequency in the list box.

Regards, tresesco

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, the data is missing if I load it without RowNo(). I cannot use RowNo since it doubles the document memory.

Is there any other way to include all rows while loading?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Though i have not fetched the situation. Probably this?

load with Rowno() and then Drop the Field (Rowno() related) .

Not applicable
Author

I also suppose that could be the possible option...I have started the reload with this change

Thanks for your suggestions.

-Haneesh

Not applicable
Author

Dropping the Rowno field after the reload again results in loss of identical records. I am not sure why this is occuring.

Is this a limitation of Qlikview? or Is there a settings in Qlikview Developer which enables us to allow identical rows in the tables?

Thanks, Haneesh

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I suggest you to check this:

http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/23685/90510.aspx

Regards,

Can Sakarcan

Not applicable
Author

Are you absolutely sure that the rows are supressed. Try to make a simple chart with count(xx) and count(distinct(xx)). I believe you might see that the result differs and the rows are thus not supressed.