Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Link Calendar date with variable

Dear ALL,
I need you help!

I have expression on chart:
SUM({ $<CalendarDate = {'<$(vDateOnHand)'} > } QTY), where vDateOnHand is variable.

I have Calendar Object (Standart Calendar taken from examples) with key CalendarDate and transaction table with key CalendarDate.

How I can link Calendar with variable vDateOnHand for building chart with this expression ?
When I select calendar dates I must see different SUM(QTY), but it doesn't work. WHY?

How I can Calendar Object link with the expression of Set Analysis?
Or to set selected calendar date to the expression?

P.S.
By away, I tried the next

1.On the tab General of Calendar I set option Data->Field to key CalendarDate
2.On tab Triggers (Document Proporties) I created Field Event triggers on CalendarDate (both On Select and On Change) - Action Set Variable
with Variable vDateOnHand and Value CalendarDate.
But, it doesn't work

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Oleg,

Certainly, values in variable were stored in QlikView format (34568) and CalendarDate in date format (dd.mm.yyyy) so changing he expression to

SUM({ $<CalendarDate = {'<$(=Date(vDateOnHand))'} > } QTY)

Seems to be working.

Add vDateOnHand in the slider/object calendar and it will work fine.

Regards

PS: I attach you modified file, although my version is not Personal Edition. If you cannot open it, let me know.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Oleg,

First I'd check if both CalendarDate and vDateOnHand have the same format. One simple workaround for this may be

Having of course that the same Date(CalendarDate) has been used in the master calendar table. Anyway, you can create a new textobject and set a comparison between both variable and field, select one date from field and see whether the comparison matches or not.

Second, if you want the user to select a date, you don't need to se a variable for that, but the field CalendarDate in the Slider/Calendar object. If you do want both dates to be in different places, set the variable in the object and

Min(CalendarDate)

as minimum value and the corresponding max value, so your users will always select a proper date.

Hope that helps!

Not applicable
Author

Miguel, can you see attachment and to add necessary code? (See expression for QTY )

I would like the user see sum(QTY) before selected date!

Unfortunately I the beginner and I have ver. Personal Edition...

Thanks,

Oleg

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Oleg,

Certainly, values in variable were stored in QlikView format (34568) and CalendarDate in date format (dd.mm.yyyy) so changing he expression to

Seems to be working.

Add vDateOnHand in the slider/object calendar and it will work fine.

Regards

PS: I attach you modified file, although my version is not Personal Edition. If you cannot open it, let me know.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Miguel

Problems no now! It's fine!!

Regards, Oleg