Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Linking Mastercalendar with 2 tables

I have a problem with linking my mastercalendar to 2 other tables. Both tables have there own kind of date functionality (TSDATE & INTERVALDATE) and they are linked togeth with specifiek keys wich is generated in an ETL proces (L_DEPLOYMENT_SQN).

I have a chart where I have a couple of sums (Expression). and 1 time dimension (Mastercalendar) Month-Year.

How can i link the mastercalendar to 2 tables without getting any syn-keys, because I already have another field as key.

CommunityHelp.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

If understand correctly, your attempt, and using a link table will cause a loop.

I'd have to look at your information with more detail, but by what I see I think intervalmatch() and then join() to have everything in one table and link that with your master calendar would fix your problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can't... You need to either restructure your data in sucha a way that a single field represents a common "Date", or load 2 Master Calendars with separate field names, or keep your Calendar as an "island" (not linked) and facilitate date association within your expression. The latter is usually heavy is you have a lot of data...

Not applicable
Author

I'm not getting the idea, but if you have 2 common fields and you dont want syn-keys you can make a link table with the common values and link them to the master calendar and each table.

Can you post the model with the syn keys?

Not applicable
Author

If understand correctly, your attempt, and using a link table will cause a loop.

I'd have to look at your information with more detail, but by what I see I think intervalmatch() and then join() to have everything in one table and link that with your master calendar would fix your problem.

Not applicable
Author

@Juan Fibonacci:

Your solution is worth trying thank you for that. I allready did something like that but then just a little bit different...

I'll let you know if it worked

Not applicable
Author

The solution of Juan worked! Thank you for that!