Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load top 10 Records based on numeric columns

Hi,

I am loading Customers and their amounts from database. I have few reports which are for Country, Industry etc. In one of them I am suppose to display top 10 customer according to their amounts (e.g. Load Taken). Rest of them should be considered as 'Others' in the pivot table. Using pie chart I can do this by setting intervals such that customers with less amount would always be part of 'Others' in the chart.

However I want to display this as table/pivot: Top 10 customer with their amounts. Rest all customers should be shown as Other's and amounts should be added up.

I thought of initially doing it in the script: Using SQL load top 10 customers and consider rest as others. Not sure if would be able to achieve it this way, but thought may be I shall give a try.

Is there any other option to do it - without using SQLs? Anyone faced this before?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

This is actually pretty simple to do using the rank() function. Create a calculated dimension that looks something like:

aggr(
if(rank(total sum(amount))<=10,[Customer Name],'Other'),
[Customer Name]
)

The expression would be sum(amount) or something similar.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
john_duffy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello.

I don't know how to handle this scenario in the chart. I have attached an application that uses Load Order By and the Peek command to create a pivot chart in the format that you want.

Let me know if this helps.

John.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

This is actually pretty simple to do using the rank() function. Create a calculated dimension that looks something like:

aggr(
if(rank(total sum(amount))<=10,[Customer Name],'Other'),
[Customer Name]
)

The expression would be sum(amount) or something similar.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vlad. It worked wonders and I am able to get the expected results.