Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Merging two different base_data_lists (Excel)

Hi,

in the app I'm currently working on, there is a new list for the base_data this year which is largely the same as the one last year, but it's different in details.

- With most KPIs I'm displaying in the app, it was possible to load the data from both lists in one chart.

<=> With the current one, the new list is more detailed in a way that seems to make it impossible to do so:

- Generally speaking, I have a nr._of_cases_opened and a nr_of_cases_closed

- In the old list, the nr_of_cases_opened was differentiated by area, but the nr_of_cases_closed was not

=> I created a basic BAR CHART (with segments stacked) for the cases_opened and for cases_closed I did not assign
          any graphical representation, but merely a figure on the axis

- In the new list, both nrs are differentiated by area
     => I would like to stack the cases_opened and the cases_closed, but keep those two groups separate.
     => To do that, I think I have to use a COMBO CHART and a second dimension

<=> With a second dimension that can be used only with this year's data, but not with last year's data, how am I going to display
             both lists in one diagram?

Can anyone help me here?

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

I think I'm going to try just making two distinct diagrams and setting up a visibility condition for both of them.

The chart for this year has become quite complex already - I need a combo_diagram and to get QlikView to stack segments like it would in a bar_chart, but in two groups, I need a second (or, in my instance, third) dimension - I have five aread, so five segments, so I need 20 formulas - 5 for the "opened" cases, 5 for the "closed" and the same again for the other dimension "month" (aggregated values or avg)

Best regards,

DataNibbler