Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Occasional dashboard reload failure in QMC

Hi,

Lately we've been having an issue where some of our dashboard task reloads are failing randomly. These tasks reload the dashboard and create a user version, which is copied to a file location and then viewed via Access Point.

The error that is being logged is: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. I've seen this error before when trying to reload models, and the QVDs it is writing to are currently being read by another document. But our dashboards only read from QVD files, and i've not seen this happen when only reading data.

There are several dashboards that reload at the same time, and they do use a number of common QVDs, so on every reload a single QVD could be read by around 3/4 documents. These documents reload several times a day though, and in the majority of cases there are no errors at all.

Has anyone else had this issue or can help me get to the bottom of this?

Thanks

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey,

I have got this several times.

Reasons are many. Few of the cases.

You can read 1 QVD for multiple qvws simultaniously. But you can perform read and write on the QVD at a time due to multiple qvws(one will read and other will be trying to write).

In this case you have to plan the tasks to be executed sequentially.

in the other case if you are performing any copyfing files using a task from one location to another location and at the same time if any of the qvws are using the qvds from the target location it happens.

All you need to do is plan your tasks to be executed one after the other or else schedule the reload task with some gap in the schedule time for other task..

Hope this helps

Best Regards,

Chinna