Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retko1985
Creator II
Creator II

Preview table with all rows (non-unique)

Hello,

I want to use something like table box to make a view or a table with all possible rows even if one has the same values in one row. Table box shows only unique, Preview in Model viewer shows only subset of rows, and cant make view from several tables.

How can I achieve this?

Thank you.

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Does you mean need to show even if data set has unique rows, Then i believe you need to load RowNo() as ID and then you need to call ID to the Table field

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can always add a row identifier to your table in your load script. Then you will be able to use this field in a Straight Table or Pivot Table and even a Table Box to show all rows.

The script could look like this - using the RowNo() function:

LOAD

RowNo() AS RowID,

its_anandrjs

You can create some of the fields in your data load for finding the unique but duplicate rows with

Row(), RecNo() in you data load

Ex-

Load

Rowno() as Rid,

Recno() as RecordId,

From Source...

And on UI you can plot the field in Straight Table, Pivot Table or Table Box.

retko1985
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Can I do something in front end without the scrip editing? Some ideas?

I just want to preview a table like the excel is.

So I start to create a table box, choose Fields from some table I want to see. But the table box now has only unique combinations.

What can I do?

Thank you.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Resort to some complex tricks that may make life a bit more difficult than expected, unfortunately. QlikView is a tool that is very good at handling large amounts of data. But it makes a series of compromises to keep performance in check. Showing all rows in a single object in an app that contains billions of rows is not the best thing to try performance-wise, for example.

Anyway, here is a mighty trick by QV Grandmaster JohnW: AW:Re: Showing all rows in Table Box / Straight Table