Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with rowno() in pivot table

Hi!

I have this dataset:

And I have the following table, in which I exclude "ID_1 = 125":

The Priority column is made with rowno() function, so I don't know why it shows the value '2' for "ID_1=126" row, when it would have to be '1', because there is only one 'ID_1' for group 'B'. I thought that rowno() shows the position in the current table, and recno() shows the position in the dataset, it doesn't happen here. The dimensions are:

- Group: =if(ID_1<>125,Group)

- Volumen: =Aggr(count(if(ID_1<>125,ID_1)),Group)

- Priority: =aggr(if(ID_1<>125,rowno()),Group,ID_1)

- ID_1: =if(ID_1<>125,ID_1)

- ID_2: =if(ID_1<>125,ID_2)

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not really sure what you are trying to achieve or why you are using a calculated dimension for priority, but with a small modification of your original dimension:

=aggr(If(Only({<ID_1 -= {125}>}ID_1), rowno()),Group,ID_1)

GroupVolumenPriorityID_1ID_2
A11124A_124
B11126A_126
C41127A_127
2128A_128
3129A_129
4130A_130
D11131A_131

View solution in original post

13 Replies
marcus_sommer

Rowno() within the gui isn't the same as rowno() within the script - if you want to use the position of values within the tables then create rowno() as RowNo and/or recno() as RecNo as separate fields and use them within the gui.

- Marcus

avinashelite

are you using the rowno() in the script ? if so then its behaving currectly .....rowno() will change in case of the conditional load ...try to use the rowno() in front and check

Not applicable
Author

Hi!

First of all, thank you for your answers!  I've followed these steps:

1. My current script is:

2. I've added a new dimension in the table (third column):

=aggr(if(ID_1<>125,[RowNo( )]),Group,ID_1)

But it is not correct, because in this column I would like to show the order of each id group by its group. Therefore, the values for the third column have to be: 1;1;1,2,3,4;1.

May be I didn't understand your answers...

Thanks for your help!

marcus_sommer

Sorry, I don't understand what do you want to achieve. An alternatively to your calculated dimension could be to create these information as normal expression or to build this within the script with Peek() or Previous() ? with which you could read the values from the previous records and react appropriate to accumulate data or to create any kind of counting the records.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, may be I've explained myself really bad... In the Priority column, I only want to set the ID_1 priority in each group in the registers showed in the table, that is, the order of each register within its group. Therefore, the correct result has to be the following table:

GroupVolumenPriorityID_1ID_2
A11124A_124
B11126A_126
C41127A_127
2128A_128
3129A_129
4130A_130
D11131A_131

I think that it has to be easy, but I'm not able to achieve it with expressions because I'm new in Qlikview.

Thanks for your effort Marcus!

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

May be like this..

LOAD *,AutoNumber(RecNo(),Group) as Priority;
LOAD * INLINE [
Group, ID_1, ID_2
A, 124, A_124
B, 126, A_126
C, 127, A_127
C, 128, A_128
C, 129, A_129
C, 130, A_130
D, 131, A_131
]
;

Capture.JPG

marcus_sommer

Try something like this:

aggr(rank(max(ID_1)), Group, Volumen)

or

aggr(rank(YourExpression), Group, Volumen)

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi settu_periasamy‌! First of all thanks for your answer! The problem in your approach is that you remove the "ID_1 = 125" register in the load inline, but I would like to load the whole dataset, and then in the table, remove the register "ID_1 = 125" with a filter. Do you know how I can get it? I've tried a lot of possibilities so far, and I'm not able to get the correct solution...

Thanks in advance!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus_Sommer‌ ! First, I don't know how can I use "aggr(rank(max(ID_1)), Group, Volumen)" or  "aggr(rank(YourExpression), Group, Volumen)", because Volumen is a calculated dimensión. Therefore, I've tried with the following dimensions:

- Group: =if(ID_1<>125,Group)

- Volumen: =Aggr(count(if(ID_1<>125,ID_1)),Group)

- Priority: =aggr(if(ID_1<>125,rank(ID_1)),Group,ID_1)

- ID_1: =if(ID_1<>125,ID_1)

- ID_2: =if(ID_1<>125,ID_2)

And it seemed that it showed the correct result:

But the order has changed and I don't know the reason. In addition, if I change 'ID_1=125' for 'ID_1=128' in the filter, the Priority in Group C is wrong, because it showed Priority = 4 instead of Priority = 3 (there are only three items).

I don't understand why is so difficult to get this functionality, because it seems easy but for me it's really difficult...

Thanks for your effort mates!