Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problems with links in posts

Is anyone else having problems with links in posts?

I am trying to view the result of a post which refers to another thread, see the example below, but when I click the link, it sends me to a blank search page

Has anyone else come across this or found a solution

Many thanks

Andrew

you may want to try the steps on this http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/19638/74936.aspx

I hope this helps.

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Andrew,

That link refers to the old forum site, and as you can see in the URLs of the posts, messages and threads this one is quite different. Unfortunately, links were not converted when the Community migrated its software.

If you know the name of the post, the easiest way to get it is to google using

site:qlik.com name of the post here

If you don't know the name of the thread, click on the "Use advanced editor" link above the text editor and see the HTML code.

Or contact by private message with the user that posted originally so he can check and update the link to the one in the new site.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for that Miguel

Bit of a poor show though, as all that useful information now lost! Would have been good if the old threads were archived.

Andrew

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Andrew,

They are actually archived, keeping in most cases the username of the original poster. I'm sorry if I my answer was not clear enough. The fact is that the link is what is broken, but the post is bound to be in this site (all the old posts were moved here), although using a new URL. That's why I mentioned to look for the original poster or post name, so you can search for it in the "Search QlikCommunity" input box at the top right of this page.

Hope this makes more sense.

Miguel

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I really don't understand why there isn't more outrage at this.  Most weeks I search for something and find an article providing a link to a solution, but the link is broken - it makes me want to scream!  I contacted Jason Long about this many times but got no response.

There is so much fantastic information in this community - it's a terribly poor show that QT thought it would be OK to pretty much hide most of it from the members. Yes, yes, I know that it's there somewhere and you can eventually find it, but think how many people tend to look for similar things - there used to be many routes to a correct solution, now there is only one.

Maybe our new community moderator can help.  We should all send her a message.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response and Candor Jason,

Apologies for any broken links. I am working to address these. When QlikCommunity migrated to the new platform last year some of the older links did not transfer over properly. In these cases they have to be checked manually and either a new link located or the link removed. I am slowly working on these in the background. Feel free to send me a message with links and issues you find particularly important and I will do my best to address them.

Thank you for your patience!

Best Regards