Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview 11 very SLOW

Hi community,

I've installed Qlikview 11 (11.00.11149.0 IR) onto two environments and in each environment there seems to be a significant performance issue with this version.  When performing development work, after 15-20 minutes, the environment grinds to a crawl.  Our dev environment runs on VM ware (4 gigs of ram, 4 cpu).  I thought that the VMware might have been the issue so I installed QV onto my local desktop machine (4 gigs ram, Core2 Duo cpu), .  Immediately I saw a significant performance increase, but the development was still lagging.  I continued to work on it for 20 more minutes and then things really start to go downhill from here.  Basically back to the same grind as in the VM ware environment.  Anybody else in this community experience this issue?  If so, what did you do to resolve it?  I dont' want to solve this issue by throwing more horsepower into our server.  Ver10 qlikview never did this and I expect at least the same if not better performance out of V11.

thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

It sounds like you are in “WebView” which emulates AJAX.  This can be changed by going to View -> Turn on/off WebView.

From there you should see then menus you are used to and the performance should be much better.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

It sounds like you are in “WebView” which emulates AJAX.  This can be changed by going to View -> Turn on/off WebView.

From there you should see then menus you are used to and the performance should be much better.

Not applicable
Author

thanks Josh!