Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III

SQL Update Statement

I have a SQL Update statement in my script without any select. We recently upgraded from QV server Nov 2017 to Nov 2018 Release. The app is now failing in QMC but works fine if I load from the Desktop.   The error is

"Error: Connector reply error: SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 1456, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01456: may not perform insert/delete/update operation inside a READ ONLY transaction"

What am I missing here. Why it started doing this after the upgrade.

2 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Rehan 

Please refer to the following article:

Workaround for "Error: Connector reply error: SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 1456, ErrorMsg: [...

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Rehan, I believe what you need is here:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000021069

Not sure how things got wiped out on the upgrade though, that is the part that has me a bit puzzled.  If this works, be sure to add it to your documentation...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.