Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scheduled report/sheet sending

Hello,

I know that QV has the possibility to send pdf reports to a specific group of people via email. And this task can also be scheduled.

My question is if this is also able to be done with a pdf printing of a sheet.

In other words: is it possible to schedule the sending of a printed pdf sheet for a group of people via email.

Thank you in advance.

Ivo

7 Replies
michael123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

A report is built up of objects from the sheets in the document so if you copy all the objects from a sheet into one report it can be done, yes.  If it will turn out nice is another question.

Could problably also be done with printscreen and email sending macros but personally I'm not fond of this approach since it has a tendency to create problems.

/Michael

jduarte12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello

I believe you can set a macro to print a sheet and email it.

Nevertheless, it seems to me that the time you will spend doing it does not compensate the result you will get.

Despite not being the best feature of Qlikview, I also think that job would be done better by creating a report and distributing it via email as pdf.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Have a look at the Qlik NPrinting product.

Could well be better value fro the money than the Qlik PDF distribution product.

avinashelite

The best approach would to use the NPrinting tool , it will server all the reporting format needs, scheduling , mails etc

check this link once

www.vizubi.com/nprinting/

jduarte12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I have not worked with NPrinting yet, but as far as I know it is quite better to create reports in it, in relation to the "traditional" pdf distributor.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

I would like to avoid using macros, because I have the same feeling that you do. It does have a tendency to create problems.

I tried to use the native report tool from QV, by just dragging and dropping the objects, but it does not turn out nice... and when I try to rearrange the objects, all hell breaks loose, so I can't use it.

I have so send a daily report to an emailing list and the work around to the report tool is to print the sheet itself to a pdf, then I attached it to an email and send it.

But now this report has to be sent without human intervention, and I'm afraid I will have problems with the sheet pdf printing.

Thanks for the reply.

Not applicable
Author

I tried to use the native report tool from QV, by just dragging and dropping the objects, but it does not turn out nice... and when I try to rearrange the objects, all hell breaks loose, so I can't use it.

I have so send a daily report to an emailing list and the work around to the report tool is to print the sheet itself to a pdf, then I attached it to an email and send it.

But now this report has to be sent without human intervention, and I'm afraid I will have problems with the sheet pdf printing.

Thanks for the reply.