Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server reload. File in use by another process

I accientally opened, changed, and saved a qvw document on the server. When I tried to save qlikview crashed. I edited the file separately and copied it over to overwrite the one on the server.

Now the server can't reload the file.

(2013-02-07 10:57:29) Error: The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

(2013-02-07 10:57:29) Error:    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

(2013-02-07 10:57:29) Error:    at System.IO.File.InternalReplace(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, String destinationBackupFileName, Boolean ignoreMetadataErrors)

(2013-02-07 10:57:29) Error:    at QVBWrapper.Document.ReplaceSourceFile(ILogBucket logBucket, String replaceFromFileName, String replaceToFilename)

(2013-02-07 10:57:29) Error:    at QVBWrapper.Document.Save(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_SaveAsFileName

To my knowledge nothing has the file open anywhere else. I tried deleting it and copying over a new one and that didn't work either.

What are the common causes of this error?

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It happens to me too on a 11.00 environment.

Does anyone can help us?

FMa

Not applicable
Author

The qvw could be corrupted or locked by a backup process...