Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set Analysis Confusion

Hi All,

I'm hoping this is a simple problem that I have been looking at for too long.

I have the following expression

=(count(DISTINCT{<[PHPIMInpDate]={'>=$(=Date(today()-180))'}

,[PHBusinessUnit]-={' '}

,[PHSupplierName]={"=((count(DISTINCT{<[PHPIMInpDate]={'>=$(=Date(today()-180))'},[PHBusinessUnit]-={' '}>}PHDocumentNumber))>10)"}

,[PHSupplierName]={"=((count(DISTINCT{<[PHPIMInpDate]={'>=$(=Date(today()-180))'},[PHBusinessUnit]-={' '}>}PHDocumentNumber))<51)"}

>}PHDocumentNumber))

Each of the individual elements of this expression work, and if I include the the first three elements everything works fine, however when i add in the fourth element the expression fails.

What I am trying to achieve is to only show those Suppliers (the only dimension) that have between 11 and 50 unique documents within the last 180 days that have a valid business unit.

I've tried using '>10<51' in a single element but that doesn't seem to work either.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Rob

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Rob, maybe:

,[PHBusinessUnit]-={' '}

,[PHSupplierName]={"=((count(DISTINCT{<[PHPIMInpDate]={'>=$(=Date(today()-180))'},[PHBusinessUnit]-={' '}>}PHDocumentNumber))>10 and count(DISTINCT{<[PHPIMInpDate]={'>=$(=Date(today()-180))'},[PHBusinessUnit]-={' '}>}PHDocumentNumber))<51)"}

>}PHDocumentNumber))

If you use the same field two times, it only keeps the last one.

Another option:

,[PHBusinessUnit]-={' '}

,[PHSupplierName]={"=((count(DISTINCT{<[PHPIMInpDate]={'>=$(=Date(today()-180))'},[PHBusinessUnit]-={' '}>}PHDocumentNumber))>10)"}

>*<[PHPIMInpDate]={'>=$(=Date(today()-180))'}

,[PHBusinessUnit]-={' '}

,[PHSupplierName]={"=((count(DISTINCT{<[PHPIMInpDate]={'>=$(=Date(today()-180))'},[PHBusinessUnit]-={' '}>}PHDocumentNumber))<51)"}

>}PHDocumentNumber))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ruben,

This didn't quite work, but pointed me in the right direction, I found that each of the elements in the PHSupplierName needed to be in () and then the whole lot needed to be in () as well. So it looked like this

,[PHBusinessUnit]-={' '}

,[PHSupplierName]={"=(((count(DISTINCT{<[PHPIMInpDate]={'>=$(=Date(today()-180))'},[PHBusinessUnit]-={' '}>}PHDocumentNumber))>10) and ((count(DISTINCT{<[PHPIMInpDate]={'>=$(=Date(today()-180))'},[PHBusinessUnit]-={' '}>}PHDocumentNumber))<51))"}

>}PHDocumentNumber))

Thanks for your help.