Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sheets

how can i make , not having connections between one sheet to another sheet. Here in two sheets i am using same objects and expressions. If i am changing any positions or values of particular object, it should not get effected with another sheet.

Can anyone reply me soon on this.

Thnks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Attached is a very simple example on how bookmarks will help you to keep selections for each sheet regardless what you have selected in the rest.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

26 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Venkat,

do you use linked objects? If so you simply remove the link between them...

cheers

Florian

Not applicable
Author

HI Florian,

I didn't used any linked objects. But it is changing the data.

Thnks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Florian,

I don't know what is linked objects, can you explain what it is and if it is present in my file how can i remove it. I am new QlikView technology. I think that i didn't done the part of the linked objects in my file.

Is there any other option to remove relation between the sheets

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Since you load all records in the document, and because of the associative logic, all tables are usually associated between them, once you have selected a value in a record, it applies to all objects you have in your document, this is how QlikView works. However, depending on your data model and what you want to get, there are ways of making objects show the same information regardless the selections you are doing.

One simple way is right clicking on the object and selecting "Detach". This will keep the selections in the moment you click, but the graph won't change in spite of selections, until you attach it again.

You can get similar results using set modifiers and TOTAL keyword in your expressions

Sum({1} TOTAL Sales)

That will return the total aggregation of Sales.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

hi Miguel,

Is there any other way otherthan detach.

Thnks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Besides to what I mentioned above about {1} TOTAL, you can use set analysis to ignore selections in certain fields:

Sum({< CustomerID = >} Sales)

That will ignore any value selected in CustomerID.

And you always can create a model with different datamodels, not linked between them. Personally, I don't think it's a good idea, and I always prefer to create as many documents as necessary instead of a huge document that has all possible objects, and create complex expressions, conditionals... so the objects make sense.

But of course, it will depend on a lot of things.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Miguel,

But i need to ignore the sheet, when any selections occuring in current sheet the other sheet should be ignored or should not get any changes in fields, charts or any other objecs.

It is not only for few objects the entire sheet should not be changed. If i am moving to Second Sheet then here i done modifications it should not effect the first sheet.

In this process any sheet should not be hide or detached objects .

Thnks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Then use bookmarks, kind of tricky but it should work. First, create one bookmark for each sheet in your document. Then, in each sheet create an action on leave (Sheet Properties, Triggers) "Bookmark", "Replace Bookmark". This way any selections done while in that sheet will be stored in its bookmark. Create a new action in Triggers for each sheet "On Activate", "Bookmarks", "Apply Bookmark", so the previously saved state of selections in that sheet will be applied each time the sheet is clicked.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Miguel,

I tried what you said in the post on bookmarks, but it is also changing the values of other sheets. Ex: If i am saving the sheet1 as AddBookmark automatically in sheet2 also the bookmark is saving what i done in Sheet1.

Is there any other better choice in this query.

Thnks