Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Support Case Report - CaseOpenDate & CaseCloseDate where CaseCloseDate is not always set

Support Case Report - CaseOpenDate & CaseCloseDate where CaseCloseDate is not always set

Ok, so let me explain what I am trying to do.

- I am loading a calendar.
- I am loading Support Case Data from Salesforce. Particularly the CaseNumber, CaseOpenDate, and CaseCloseDate. The CaseCloseDate is not always filled out because obviously a case can stay open for a while.
- I am using IntervalMatch to find how many cases were in the open state on a particular day.

So I have it set so I can drill down by Qarter, Month, Day (my dimensions created as a group)

If I load the Case Data inline, it works. Here is my QlikView with inline data: ftp://ftp.landesk.com/incoming/WorkingCaseData.qvw

Here is a screen shot of the table showing the open and close dates, and blank values look like this:

error loading image

If I drill down to Qarter, Month, or Day, then these cases without closed dates show up and are counted.

PROBLEM
However, if I load the data from Salesforce, it doesn't work. The table looks as follows.
(Notice in the above screenshot there is nothing where there is an empty date and in the below screen shot there is a dash "-".)

error loading image

So when I click to drill down on a Quarter, Month, or day, the values that are blank are EXCLUDED. So that makes my numbers incorrect.

So it seems that the "Empty" values are different if pulled from Salesforce versus loaded inline.

If I could just make "Empty" values from salesforce the same as the "Empty" values inline I may be able to fix this.

I think that salesforce is handing me null values but I have read the section on handling null values and haven't yet found a solution, still looking.

If you know a solution, please let me know, otherwise, I will let you know when I find it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Solved my own question by continuing to RTM.

I needed to add the following just before my Load Statement:

NullAsValue SFCaseDateClosed;

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Solved my own question by continuing to RTM.

I needed to add the following just before my Load Statement:

NullAsValue SFCaseDateClosed;