Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asgardd2
Creator III
Creator III

The last fact for the current selection (help to make expression)

Hello!

I need help to make expression in my chart.

The example application and source file in the attachment.

I have transaction table (Sales) and catalog - "AKB" ( in this table i can see bind to the client - manager, depending on the date.)

When i choose '01.01.2016' in the date , i want see sales for same day from the  last year - 01.01.2015( in the second column of the chart "Fact in the last period (-1 Year) " ) , considering the binding manager-client of the current sample.

So , for example on manager "Ivan" i want see last year sales  only for clents: number1,number2,number3,number4,number5.(his current binds client - manager, in date 01.01.2016)

Thank you!

Best regards,

Alexandrov Anton.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Sum({<clientOfManager = {'X'}, Date = {"$(=Date(AddYears(Max(Date), -1)))"}>}

Aggr(If(Only(TOTAL <Client> {<Date = {"$(=Date(AddYears(Max(Date), -1)))"}>}Client) = Only(TOTAL <Client> {<Date = {"$(=Date(AddYears(Max(Date), 0)))"}>}Client),

Only({<Date = {"$(=Date(AddYears(Max(Date), -1)))"}>}Sales)), Manager, Client, Date))

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is this the output you are hoping for?

Capture.PNG

Sum({<clientOfManager = {'X'}, Date = {"$(=Date(AddYears(Max(Date), -1)))"}>}Sales)

asgardd2
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sorry, i have a mistake in my description.

So , for example on manager "Ivan" i want see last year sales  only for clents: number1,number2,number3,number4,number5.(his current binds client - manager, in date 01.01.2016)

In your solution :

But in expression "Fact in the last period (-1 year)" i would like see 66+94 = 160 (Because in current period (01.01.2016) he does not have bind with client "number9")

sunny_talwar

Try this:

Sum({<clientOfManager = {'X'}, Date = {"$(=Date(AddYears(Max(Date), -1)))"}>}

Aggr(If(Only(TOTAL <Client> {<Date = {"$(=Date(AddYears(Max(Date), -1)))"}>}Client) = Only(TOTAL <Client> {<Date = {"$(=Date(AddYears(Max(Date), 0)))"}>}Client),

Only({<Date = {"$(=Date(AddYears(Max(Date), -1)))"}>}Sales)), Manager, Client, Date))

Capture.PNG

asgardd2
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you for your solution!

It is work fine then i have one or more binds in previous period on manager from current period. 

But sometimes i do not have binds in previous period.For example, then i deleted binds rows :

i see zero value in previous period:

But i have sales values on this clients ... and i would like see value = 160 in this row.

asgardd2
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I changed data model (add new type of flags clientOfManager  - ""cur_period" and "last_period"), and then i added this condition in set-expression.  This solution shows correct values.

sunny_talwar

Flags are always a good option. I am glad you were able to figure it out