Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Variable header in Qlikview

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to add header labels in a different table and the data stored in a different table. I wanted to check if there was an option in Qlikview to handle this. Moreover the header is variable based on the type of record.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I have now figured out a method which allows me to get Field names as header labels.

When using a table box this results in columns with null values in some cases. There is a way in the 'Presentation' tab to hide columns with null values using a condition like below:

If(IsNull(HDR17), 0, 1)

*** The columns with null values in Header table will always be null in Data table.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

My be like:

Set vTable='Table1';        // Or, you can set the variable conditionally

$(vTable):

Load  * Inline
[ A
]';

Not applicable
Author

I don't think I follow. I probably need to explain this better:

The headers are in table HEADER and the data is in table DATA. I now need to bring these together and use records in the HEADER table as column labels for the records in DATA table.

The HEADER records vary based on the type of record in DATA table.

Not applicable
Author

I have now figured out a method which allows me to get Field names as header labels.

When using a table box this results in columns with null values in some cases. There is a way in the 'Presentation' tab to hide columns with null values using a condition like below:

If(IsNull(HDR17), 0, 1)

*** The columns with null values in Header table will always be null in Data table.