Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

access denied importing QVW project to personal edition

Hi!

I'm trying to import a QVW project exported from QlikView enterprise edition (EE) to a QlikView Personal Edition (PE).

At first time QlikView PE showed a popup to alert me that i was using one of the 4th poxibilities to import a project created from another person, and that's clear. After that, QlikView PE continues to show these alerts (in sequence):

"this file is recognized as one you own. However we must update the key in the document to refleect changes to your Personal Edition since you created this document.

The document will now be updated and loaded without any data. After the operation completes, please SAVE the document and then perform a RELOAD".

"Access denied to QlikView document"

"The document C:\..\..projectname.qvw falied to load"

I noticed that the initial QVW project on EE had the flags "Initial Data Reduction Based on Sectoin Acccess" and "Initial Selection Based on Section Access" on document properties. Thus I tried again with these flags disabled, but nothing changed, Qlik always shows the three previous alerts.

Something I am missing? wrong? something to change in the scripts of the QVW project? I don't see nothing strange, except for:

SECTION Access;

LOAD *

Resident tableName;

SECTION Application;

but actually as I am a novice I don't know if it is relevant..

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I also had this kind of problem (licensing management mixed with section access is terrible in QlikView). I managed to make it work by removing (or commenting) the complete section access block of code (just removing the flags in Document Properties is not enough).

Hope this will help other people !